A summer vacation on Cape Cod just isn’t a REAL vacation until you’ve hit the beach. And, while dozens of beaches dot the coastline of Cape Cod, vacationers like to flock to beaches that offer tried-and-true fun and sun.
The town of Yarmouth offers many Cape Cod beaches for families. The beaches along the popular Route 28 line the beautiful and calm Nantucket Sound and, alternatively, the beaches along Route 6A line Cape Code Bay.
Top Cape Cod Beaches In Yarmouth
If you and your family are staying in Yarmouth during summer vacation, here is a comprehensive list of the top beaches in that area.
- Bass Hole Beach: Bass Hole, also known as Gray’s Beach, is a Cape Cod Bay beach featuring free parking and picnic grounds.
- Bass River Beach: Bass River is also known as Smugglers Beach. Located at the mouth of the Bass River, Smugglers Beach features sugary sand and the warm calm waters of Nantucket Sound, as well as a fishing pier for the fisherman in the family. If you have a little fisherman in your family, this may be your choice for the best beach on Cape Cod for kids.
- Bay View Beach: Bay View is a Cape Cod Bay beach. There are lifeguards in season, however, there are no restrooms. Parking is free.
- Colonial Acres Beach: Colonial Acres is another Cape Cod Bay beach. There are lifeguards in season and restrooms. Parking is free.
- Englewood Beach: Englewood is a Cape Cod Bay beach. There are lifeguards in season, however, there are no restrooms. Parking is free.
- Parkers River Beach: Parkers River is one of the Cape Cod beaches of Nantucket Sound, featuring warm, calm water and soft sugary sand. There is a daily parking fee required.
- Sea Gull Beach: Sea Gull is a Nantucket Sound beach and is Yarmouth’s largest and most popular beach.
- Wilbur Park Beach: Wilbur Park is a Nantucket Sound beach. There are no amenities. Parking is free.
- Windmill Beach: Windmill is located on the Bass River. There are no amenities. Parking is free.
Book A Summer Vacation In Cape Cod
Whether it’s Yarmouth or any Cape Cod town, a summer vacation in Cape Cod should always be filled with fun, sun and some good old-fashioned beach time. Make one, or even a couple, of these beaches a destination during your next trip to Cape Cod. And, be sure to check out some of the affordable Cape Cod Hotel Packages available for families and couples who are looking for a relaxing, beach getaway.