Hitting the beach this summer on Cape Cod? Head over to Chatham MA where everyday is filled with sand, surf, and tons of family fun.
Whether you’re looking for a calm water beach for kids, big surf, or seclusion – Chatham has it all, and then some.
Here’s a list of some of the best Cape Cod beaches in Chatham:
- Chatham Light Beach: The beach is protected from swells by Nauset Beach, and therefore does not have the large surf of other Atlantic Beaches. Parking here is very limited, however there is a parking lot in the center of Chatham with shuttle service. There are no amenities.
- Cockle Cove Beach: Cockle Cove Beach features the soft, sugary sand and warm, calm waters of Nantucket Sound, making it an ideal place for families with young children. It is one of the smaller beaches in the area, attracting a smaller crowd than some of the more popular beaches. Amenities include: restrooms, lifeguards, visiting ice cream truck.
- Hardings Beach: Hardings Beach is another Nantucket Sound beach, making it ideal for children as well. Soft sand and warm, placid water are the name of the game here. Hardings is a much larger beach than Cockle Cove and also features a snack bar, moving it up just a notch in our search for best beaches. Amenities include: restrooms, lifeguards, concessions.
- North Beach: Very secluded! It is accessible only by 4WD vehicle or by boat from Pleasant Bay. If you are looking to get away from the crowds on a Cape Cod summer day, this may be your beach.
- Pleasant Bay Beach: The warm, placid waters of Pleasant Bay make this little beach perfect for toddlers. No amenities.
- Ridgevale Beach: Ridgevale Beach is a Nantucket Sound beach featuring soft sand and warm, calm water. Ridgevale is wider than the other sound beaches in this area, and has a winding creek behind it where young ones can explore, finding an array of marine creatures. Don’t forget your nets! Amenities include: restrooms, lifeguards.
- South Beach: Beautiful and secluded! Big surf and cold water are the name of the game here. It is a narrow stretch of sand with the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the small bay east of Monomoy Island on the other. When you stand alone on this beach you can feel the sheer rawness of mother nature. Sand and dune grasses for as far as the eye can see.
Cape Cod Summer Vacation Packages
Summer vacations on Cape Cod are always fun, always affordable, and always family-friendly. Hit the beach for a few days and enjoy some dynamite Cape Cod Hotel Packages to suit your every need.
Your dream beach family vacation on Cape Cod is waiting. Just point – click – and book your stay in minutes.