Exploring Sandwich MA
Visitors are always looking for new things to do on the cape… and a visit to beautiful Sandwich Cape Cod is a guaranteed perennial favorite.
Incorporated in 1639, Sandwich is not only one of the oldest Cape Cod towns, it’s also one of the oldest towns in the United States.
It was settled by European immigrants nearly 150 years before the American Revolution!
The Town’s historic charm and uniqueness, combined with its ideal location, make Sandwich one of the most unforgettable Cape Cod attractions.
Things to Do
Park right on Main St. – then get out the bikes or walk to some of these nearby sites:
- The Sandwich Glass Museum – Featuring more than 5,000 pieces of famous 19th Century glass.
- The First Church of Christ – See a brass bell, cast in 1675 and considered to be the oldest in the country.
- The Thornton Burgess Museum – Learn about the Sandwich native who wrote more than 15,000 stories, including the popular tales of Peter Rabbit.
- Hoxie House – The saltbox style house is estimated to have been built around 1637. The exact date of construction isn’t known as a fire destroyed early town records, but regardless, Hoxie House is recognized as the oldest home on Cape Cod.
- Dexter Grist Mill – An historic mill on Shawme Pond.
Book A Cape Cod Vacation
Come play and explore the rich history in Sandwich. Come by yourself, or bring family or friends for a wonderful hotel stay on Cape Cod. Bayside Resort Hotel – an award winning Cape Cod resort – offers year-round hotel room deals that will undoubtedly put a smile on your face.
Check out Bayside’s Hotel Room Deals HERE.