Anyone looking for some exciting new things to do on Cape Cod is in for a real treat in Sandwich MA. A tour through this beautiful Cape Cod town is a perennial favorite any time of year.
Incorporated in 1639, Sandwich is not only one of the oldest Cape Cod towns, it’s also one of the oldest towns in the United States. It was settled by European immigrants nearly 150 years before the American Revolution! The Town’s historic charm and uniqueness, combined with its ideal location, make Sandwich one of the most unforgettable Cape Cod attractions.
Park right on Main St. – then walk to some of these nearby sites:
- The Sandwich Glass Museum – Featuring more than 5,000 pieces of famous 19th Century glass.
- The First Church of Christ – See a brass bell, cast in 1675 and considered to be the oldest in the country.
- The Thornton Burgess Museum – Learn about the Sandwich native who wrote more than 15,000 stories, including the popular tales of Peter Rabbit.
- Hoxie House – The saltbox style house is estimated to have been built around 1637. The exact date of construction isn’t known as a fire destroyed early town records, but regardless, Hoxie House is recognized as the oldest home on Cape Cod.
- Dexter Grist Mill – An historic mill on Shawme Pond.
Cape Cod Golf With A Pro!
If the weather is nice, you can also play a great round of golf on Cape Cod – and Sandwich is one of the finest places to play. Check out Sandwich Hollows Golf Course – home of master PGA instructor Jane Frost. There’s also Holly Ridge Golf Club, which was named one of the “Best Places to Play” by Golf Digest.
Come play and explore the rich history in Sandwich! Cape Cod vacations are waiting for you at an award-winning Cape Cod hotel. Inquire and book now!