Peace and Tranquility in Wellfleet
Wellfleet Bay provides peace and unmatched beauty on the hillsides and shoreline overlooking Wellfleet Harbor. Extensive trails bring you to a panoramic salt marsh, sandy barrier beach, and pine woodlands, each attracting a wide array of wildlife. The sanctuary features a universally accessible trail and an award-winning “green” nature center with professional exhibits and aquariums. Covering 937 acres with 5 miles of trails, this exhibit of wildlife and nature is fun for the whole family.
- Expansive views of bay and sky, especially at sunset, and the sound of fiddler crabs scurrying across the tidal flats.
- Summer camp programs in Wellfleet and Chatham designed to promote curiosity about the natural world.
- Year-round programs that stem from research and conservation projects to protect threatened shorebirds, terrapins, horseshoe crabs, and sea turtles.
- Hands-on activities during wildlife cruises in Wellfeet Harbor and Nauset Marsh.
- Cape Cod Field School with courses for adults that focus on the unique coastal environment and wildlife of the Cape.
Stay and Explore
No matter where your journeys on Cape Cod take you, there are so many things to do and see in this beautiful region. We encourage you to take the time to stay and explore Cape Cod for a long weekend. Bayside Resort Hotel – voted one of the best places to stay Cape Cod – offers extensive hotel vacation packages that caters to families, couples, and singles! You can learn more about those deals HERE.